Justin here! We know the world of supplements and vitamins can be overwhelming - but we have tried to make it easy for you! Please read below!
Vitamins and Supplements 101
Below is a list of essential supplements (vitamins, minerals, meal replacement, etc.) that you should always have on-hand. These will help “fill in the gaps” on days or weeks that you do not have ample amounts coming in from your diet or that your body cannot produce on it’s own.
Even if your diet is impeccable, it’s likely that you’re still missing out on some key nutrients. Food today is often grown in nutrient-poor soil, then highly refined and processed before hitting the supermarket shelves. Add in the stressors of modern life which, when they become chronic, can deplete essential nutrients.
Fortunately, the following supplements can fill in nutritional gaps and optimize your body’s ability to thrive no matter what life throws your way.
· Multivitamin – Gives you all the critical nutrients you need. Helps body convert food you eat into better, more stable energy. Significantly lowers the risk of a heart attack. Improves wellbeing. Provides energy.
· Omega-3 Supplement – Boost brain function, modulate mood, protect heart and arteries, fight wrinkles, protect vision, and lubricate joints (Fish or Krill oil).
· Green foods/Alkalizer powder/pills – Only 10-20% of adults get the recommended 9 servings of fruits and vegetables per day. This powder will help balance out your bodies Ph levels and eliminate toxins. It’s filled with antioxidants, enzymes and pre/pro-biotic, all of which help the body in maintaining immunity and defense, and aid in digestion. (Empyrea recommends Garden of Life “Perfect Food” – Energizer – Raw Organic Green Super Food). 1-2 scoops in a shaker bottle with water per day for all of the benefits.
· Vitamin C – Protection against immune system deficiencies, cardiovascular disease, prenatal health problems, eye disease, and skin wrinkling.
· Vitamin D – Builds strong bones and teeth, enhances immune function, reduces type 2 diabetes risk, arthritis, cognitive decline, depression, and some types of cancer. Up to 50% of adults are deficient and twice as likely to die prematurely than those with higher blood levels of the vitamin.
· Zinc – Zinc deficiency can greatly impair immune system function. Zinc helps to fight cancerous cells, properly synthesize DNA, and help heal wounds. Zinc helps prevent osteoporosis, AMD, and vision loss as well. It can also prevent or treat pneumonia.
· Protein powder – This is essential for success in reaching your fat loss and muscle building goals. Whey protein (our recommended version of protein which comes from milk) helps build and preserve lean muscle, burn body fat, curb hunger, increase strength, increase immunity, reduce stress, fight cancer and aid in recovery from intense exercise! The list can go on. Whey is the fastest and most easily absorbing and digested protein, which is why we suggest it over other forms. For those of you who are sensitive to dairy products, Whey Isolate protein (a little more expensive) has an even higher filtration process, nearly eliminating all of the lactose. Otherwise, just stick to a Whey Concentrate. We recommend plant-based protein for vegans or as an alternative to Whey.
· Electrolyte Drops – These drops help you to stay hydrated, keep muscles working in top condition, and recover quickly following exertion. Add the recommended dosage to a bottle of water after your gym session (come in different flavors) – These provide balanced ions of magnesium, potassium, sodium and chloride without the added carbs and sugars of a sports drink. These can be purchased at any pharmacy or grocery store, usually in the water isle.
· CLA – Conjugated Linoleic Acid – A potent antioxidant that comes from dairy products and meat. A deficiency may cause fat gain; CLA has been known to be a “natural” fat burner. CLA also helps prevent lean muscle loss, prevent cancer, lower cholesterol and enhance the immune system. In one Swedish study, the obese clients who took 4g for 64 days experienced a reduction in body fat.
· Magnesium – Many adults are deficient in Magnesium. Helps keep blood pressure normal, bones strong, and heart rhythm steady. Deficiency can cause inflammation and osteoporosis. Can help provide protection from a number of chronic diseases that are associated with aging and stress. Can help prevent insomnia, chronic pain, and fatigue.
· L-Glutamine – Over 61% of your skeletal muscle is made of this amino acid, making it the most abundant amino acid in the human body. Glutamine is essential for strength, stamina and recovery. Glutamine can help minimize the breakdown of muscle and increase protein synthesis. This also helps boost your immune system, since Glutamine is a primary energy source for your muscles, and can become greatly depleted during exercise. Glutamine is one of the most important nutrients for your intestines – it has the ability to “repair a leaky gut” by maintaining the structural integrity of the bowels.
· Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s) - Last but certainly not least – BCAA’s in free-form require no digestion, and are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream. BCAA’s are the building blocks of protein – three particular amino acids (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine). A serving of these added to water and a shaker bottle (usually comes in flavored powders) or a serving of BCAA pills before, during and/or after your workout can greatly enhance your ability to build lean muscle mass and prevent muscle breakdown (catabolism). Taking BCAA’s daily will help lower body fat levels, increase strength, and improve recovery.
We want to see every client succeed and understand that everyone needs something individualized.
Our "Nutrition Training Program" is tailored to your own goals and level of fitness. I personally design meal plans and supplement programs based on your daily requirements.
If you are interested in making a change in your nutrition, feel free to reach out to me @
Or let me be your Nutrition Specialist for a WHOLE MONTH by clicking on our Groupon link below:
Thanks for reading!
Here For All of Your Nutritional Needs,