Personal Training in America
In today's economy, reaching a fitness goal with a personal trainer can get pretty pricey. Here is the most common situation that you would probably experience when purchasing personal training:
A personal trainer will put you through a session to showcase his/her skills as a fitness professional. When the session is complete, you will be presented with X amount of sessions attached to an expensive price tag. If you have ever purchased personal training, this is probably how the process went.
I have been in the fitness industry now for 5 years. There are several things that have always caused me to wonder why personal training is so pricey and what factors really determine if personal training is worth the investment. Now, I'm not bashing on personal trainers at all. Heck, I was one for 3 years, but there are some things to consider before making this big decision.
If I am paying $70-$100 per hour for 1 hour of training, I'd expect the following 5 things:
- My trainer better look the damn part or look how I want to look!
- My trainer better correct my form in every exercise I engage in, even if it's moving my toe 2 inches to the right during a lunge or keeping my head in a neutral position during a plank.
- My trainer should know how to push me past my limits in a safe, positive, and motivating manner when I have doubts about my fitness level.
- My trainer better present proficient knowledge of movement science and exercise nutrition.
- My trainer should be able to create a plan that has realistic goals, short and long term, that are safe, progressive, fun but most of all, yield RESULTS!
What I'm seeing nowadays are personal trainers that are overweight, not correcting their clients' form, either not motivating enough or motivating too much to the point where their client looks like they want to cry. They have their phones out texting their friends (I've even seen a trainer take a selfie during a session!), give exercises with no rhyme or reason behind them (just because they look cool), give workouts with no nutrition coaching, and they don't track any progress, or structure programs that yield any results!
Again, I'm not bashing personal training but I am saying that if you decide to invest in it, you BETTER make sure they are good at what they do and most importantly, care more than you do to reach your goal!
Why Group Training?
Group training is the concept of sharing a fitness professional with others that enjoy training.
Now here is something that brings much joy to my life and my clients' lives. Why? Because I can change more lives in one hour and my clients can now invest in affordable training with others that are struggling with the same problems they have. This creates a warmer, positive, and encouraging environment with a constant support system that has shown to significantly increase your chances to fitness success!
Here are some other ways why training in groups truly is the shortcut to success!
- What you would normally pay for a personal trainer is now split among others that are training with you. Now that your training is more affordable, you can train 3-4x longer! More training means better results.
- Working out with other individuals that are struggling with the same problem you have, makes you feel more "accepted" and "connected". This creates a warmer, positive, and happier training environment for everyone. The happier you are, the more you would want to do it, right?
- You now share the pain with everyone else. This means instead of feeling "out of shape" or having thoughts of self-doubt, you can look left and right and see others feeling the burn of the workout, making you feel at ease knowing that you are not the only one that feels like it's hard. You almost have a sense of relief knowing others are saying, "it's hard too", putting you at ease, and when you're at ease, you won't mind doing it!
- Working out with others will hold you more accountable to yourself and your goals. If you were working out with Stacy every Monday and Wednesday at 11 a.m. and then you skip a week or two, then when you come back, Stacy asks, "where have you been?! I missed ya!" you'll now have a sense of obligation because things are now not the same without you. Wouldn't you agree you'd be less inclined to miss workouts?
- Humans are competitive by nature. It's integrated in all of us. Lets say Stacy picks up 10 lb dumbbells for some squats. You are currently holding on to 5 lb dumbbells. "If Stacy can lift 10 lb dumbbells, why can't I?" Guess who's grabbing 10 lb dumbbells next time... you are! You just set the bar higher for yourself just by seeing someone else doing it too. Having others around you will force you to naturally step out of your comfort zone and outside of the comfort is where the magic REALLY happens - and that is the truth.
We are Group Training.
Empyrea Group Training gives the experience of 1-on-1 personal training (or what it's supposed to be like!) in a fun, positive, and welcoming group environment! We will correct your form, motivate you, track your progress, and create a plan that is realistic to achieve and help you throughout the whole process step-by-step. We don't believe in fad diets, fad workouts, or "the magic pill". We believe in taking the time to do it RIGHT. This will get you to feel in control of your life and your appearance to yourself and others.
Nutrition Coaching is also included with the training to ensure our clients are not only changing the way that they look but they are also changing the way that they look at their nutrition to build everlasting eating habits. We focus on finding out what eating habits have been holding you back from reaching your goal, creating new ones, and using these newly acquired habits to live a long and happy life!
Empyrea Group Training truly is your shortcut to success. We have all of the tools you need to see the finish line, but most of all CROSS IT! We are the first of its kind. If you are tired of looking and being the same year-after-year, put your foot down and choose the path that will give you the support, guidance, and expertise you need to see success once and for all.